Haibun: Sky Walking

There’s an idea that if something doesn’t work that well, it is a result of bad design. When something is intuitive, that’s good to great design.


But either way, it’s still design. As I walk this airport, signs and how things operate, where things are all placed make it easy to go where Im supposed to go.


But each time my choices are limited to the design, my understanding is removed from the stories I tell myself and become the stories I tell myself inside this story, inside the obedience of this designed system. I’m who I am inside of what they are saying. Too much time in this world pulls me away from myself and more into who I should be to make everything work easier. 


So when I walk, I often stare off into the sky, something yet to be designed over.



up on the mesa

the blue sky sets a promise

to a splendid fall 




Popular Posts

Search Posts