Haibun: Thank You

When we reflect, choosing what we reflect on shapes our stories, so find something each day to tell yourself thank you for. I recently gave this advice to a friend of mine. For me it happens each night before I go to bed. The habit I built for myself is when I touch the sheets to crawl in the bed, I start focusing on what went right for the day, “what was a win today?”, so I can tell myself thank you. I built this habit to find a win each day I put myself out and try.

In building this space for reflection, I find myself more optimistic. I find myself more confident that something can work out, instead of hoping or day dreaming it away with grandiose dreams. I always thought I was an optimist, but I started to realize I was a pessimist who drowned myself in my daydreams not based in reality. I escaped instead of confronting my problems. 

Now celebrating the wins, I can relax into the hope that it will work out. I now know how to tell myself thank you.


peaks above the sky
like Denali high, higher?
fall, summer’s goodbye 





Popular Posts

Search Posts