Haibun: Remembering

In the moment, work can feel so dramatic, so real: the threats, the accomplishments, and everything around it. But looking back at what I was doing two years ago, I just say, “oh, yeah.”


Maybe it’s watching a coworker steal little by little, but you or I couldn’t say anything because it would look like you were just out to get that coworker? In the moment, it was infuriating. I was so pissed and hated how trapped I was. Now I look at it and think, well I’m glad I’m not there anymore. But I think it with the same emotions I have drinking water: it’s more utility than passion.


It doesn’t have the threat or the sting. It fades like the streams do in the desert sun. It disappears and there are new issues, new threats, new accomplishments to be made in the present.



the bed of dry rocks

echo spring rains and flash floods 

that gave way to sun



 


Popular Posts

Search Posts