Haibun: Rain & Gossip

As you can imagine, we run to the windows when it rains in the desert. My Instagram feed has been filled with locals posting pictures of the clouds in the sky. Rain gets us talking like warm sun does the locals in the mountains I grew up in.

So when I went out walking this week, a mother with her two kids were trying to figure out what the clouds looked like. The little girl asked me. I replied with, “a bag of cotton balls, meshed together until you pull one away.”

So many days the sun heats the browns and the reds, so many days the dead wood is bleached into the gray driftwood. So of course, we are curious about the rain. It's the new and novel things are always worth the gossip. 


rain from other lands

fall on sun burnt sands, mud plops

cold: winter demands




Popular Posts

Search Posts