Haibun: Love and Sping

The cacti are in bloom, adding newness and color to the desert landscape. Even though it happens every year, it still somehow feels new. The colors are beautiful. The feeling is new, the feeling is hopeful. 


Somehow seeing life does that for me. A sense of new life gives hope. Seeing a new bud, a baby, joy starts to emerge. I think we are made to love. I think we feel this because we are healthiest when we love others and that around us. When we focus inward, our hopes become short sided and small. I think we feel the bigness of spring or the joy my baby nephew brings when we love by looking outside of ourselves. 


We are at our best when we love. Drink it in, happy Spring!



cactus in full bloom

gives color some room to glow

as spring starts the show








Popular Posts

Search Posts