Haibun: Summer Stories

When I believe something, I see it. If I believe the world is cruel, then I will believe I need to protect myself. My words, actions, thoughts, and world come out of that belief.


But if they were to melt away, to have those beliefs be seen in a new surrounding, they can seem long gone. So, if I believe I need to worry about cold fronts in the mountains of Chile, just going to the hot Sonoran Desert makes that belief change, to seem weird.


So it is when I go deep into nature and lose myself. The juxtaposition of it, the hard rock walls over the soft grass or lazy river movements has a way of making my stories fluid and unfixed. My stories seem farther and farther away and my beliefs can bend like like the golden desert grass in the monsoon winds.


hard ledge, water laps,

cold front threats collapse, long gone

summer elapses 

Popular Posts

Search Posts