Haibun: Life Changes

When exploring the desert scapes, browns and deep reds become the rhythm of the song. The beat of these colors form the backbone of this song we call the Sonoran Desert. So when there’s a thick patch of green through the valley, I take notice.

The catching of the eye is what slows me down. The disruption of green to the brown holds me for a moment. It’s a change.

So it is in every day life. Life is always in flux, always changing. When something I tell myself I need begins to change, I can become afraid and hide that fear with cathartic anger. If change happens in an area that removes stress, I like it, and I find myself telling a story to myself that I am blessed or deserve this.

All this takes place because of something bigger: Life. Life changes, is always changing, and we just add stories because we are humans.

with Sonoran browns,
green means water’s ‘round, abounds,

and where summer’s found.

& Haiku: Strips of Green

Popular Posts

Search Posts